TECHNOLOGY & CYBER SECURITY - PRIVATE EQUITY
Centaur has invested heavily in a technology platforms right across the business, which deliver open, transparent, customizable reporting to hedge fund Stakeholders. We believe that leading edge technology is critical in helping us deliver our services to clients and we constantly endeavor to enhance our platform to service our client needs.
The core accounting platform supporting our Private Market clients is FIS Investran, the market leading accounting platform for Private Equity Funds, integrated with Data Exchange (DX), a secure, digital investor reporting portal.
CYBER SECURITY STRATEGY
As Fund Administration becomes increasingly complex and regulatory requirements grow, so too does the risk of cyber security threats. At our core, Centaur believes in the importance of managing information security – As a result, we constantly review our processes and controls. We proactively implement technology improvements that harden and increase the security of our systems.
We take an integrated approach to cyber risk. Our team of professional engineers ensures that Centaur provides a safe and secure environment for our clients and employees:
- Risk Assessment Process: Centaur conducts ongoing risk assessments to identify cyber-security threats, vulnerabilities, and potential business consequences.
- Responsibility for Information Security: We continually review and analyse risks, vulnerabilities and alerts with our technology provider.
- Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery: Our Continuity of Business (COB) and Disaster Recovery (DR) plans are continually tested to ensure they are effective should they need to be involved. All data is encrypted, backed up daily online and can be quickly restored.
Protection of Networks: Our IT infrastructure is further protected through the installation of anti-virus software, firewalls, anti-spam filtering and web content filtering.
- Regular System Maintenance: Including timely installation of software patches that address security vulnerabilities.
User Access: Access and access change requests are submitted through an electronic ticket system approved by authorized users. Each user has a unique identifier backed with a robust password policy.
- System Security: The infrastructure includes a secure-socket-layer authentication mechanism for a high degree of security on authentication and access to resources from any remote location. The infrastructure includes its own anti-virus software, firewall, web filter and email filters.
- Insurance Cover: Centaur’s insurance policy provides indemnity for costs and expenses incurred in restoring or replacing lost or damaged computer records.