Sentient Equity Partners Case Study
SENTIENT OPTS TO OUTSOURCE ITS FUND ADMINISTRATION SERVICES TO CENTAUR AND REAPS THE BENEFITS
After self-administering their funds, Sentient Equity Partners (SEP) made the decision to outsource their fund
administration. Their objective was to leverage Centaur’s technology rather than support their own, provide
their LPs with an independent solution and reduce key man risk. They selected Centaur because of its
independence and in-depth knowledge of the Private Equity (PE) market.
Following a successful growth trajectory, Sentient Equity Partners recognised the benefits of outsourcing the administration of their funds. Sentient also wanted to offer their Limited Partners (LPs) an independent fund administration solution with specialist knowledge that could fulfil all reporting and regulatory requirements.
Sentient chose Centaur for its expertise and independence. After converting Sentient’s historical data onto Centaur’s PE system, Centaur PE then mirrored Sentient’s IRR calculations to ensure the onboarding process was effective and seamless. Now, Centaur manages all fund administration for Sentient, including Investor Services, fund accounting, web portal management and reporting. The result is reduced costs and increased efficiencies for the Sentient’s funds.
“The partners at Sentient identified the need to outsource our fund administration to a third party, to enable us to focus on our core competency which is investing our clients’ funds. Centaur was the logical choice because of its experience in the Private Equity arena,” - Nina Lindberg-Finch, Partner at Sentient Equity Partners. She continues, “We see Centaur as an extension of our team. They are always on hand to guide us through regulatory developments and their technology is scalable to grow with our firm. We are delighted with our choice in Centaur and look forward to growing our relationship into the future.”
- Centaur PE converted 18 years of administration history onto Centaur’s PE software solution and mirrored Sentient’s IRR calculations.
- Centaur is now responsible for Sentient PE fund administration, accounting for their GP entities and trusts, CRS, FATCA, AML Services and all capital call and distribution processing for their LPs.
- Centaur PE reduced costs and risks for Sentient while providing a more independent administration solution to Sentient’s LPs.
- Sentient is enjoying improved technology with the most innovative systems in the market that will grow with the firm.
- Centaur PE’s experienced team ensures Sentient is kept up to date with regulatory requirements.
SENTIENT EQUITY PARTNERS
Sentient Equity Partners (SEP) originates from The Sentient Group which was the preeminent private equity fund in the natural resources sector. SEP was established by the Key Persons of the Sentient Global Resources Funds to continue with the management of US$2.7bn in the development of quality metal, mineral and energy assets. For more information about Sentient Equity Partners, see sentientep.com