Hudson Case Study
Hudson Structured Capital Management chose Centaur for its flexibly and relentless focus on exceptional client service.
In 2021, Centaur was selected by Hudson Structured Capital Management (“HSCM”) to provide fund administration services for its global assets. After a seamless transition, HSCM is enjoying Centaur’s leading administration services backed by its renowned client service.
HSCM’s team prides itself on bringing sourcing power, expertise and premier execution to private investing. They wanted a fund administrator that had the skills and flexibility to handle their open and closed ended fund structures. HSCM also needed a global administrator that offered far more than pure fund administration services, including areas such as fiduciary services and regulatory reporting.
HSCM chose Centaur for its ability to offer more than its competitors, in both its capabilities and its expertise. For HSCM, the deciding factor in choosing Centaur was its experienced team, proprietary systems flexibility and ability to seamlessly handle HSCM’s global assets.
Working closely with the HSCM team, Centaur applied an enhanced process to ensure the smooth transition of the existing funds and the ability to support the growth plans of HSCM’s funds by integrating the funds’ accounting and investor data with Centaur’s proprietary platform. A structured partnership is now in place and Centaur is available 24x7 to guide HSCM through the administrative process. “We are delighted with our decision to move the administration of our funds to Centaur. Their attention to detail is phenomenal and we have had a positive experience so far,” said Jeff Sangster, Partner, CFO and Head of Strategy, HSCM.
He continued, “There are many areas that attracted us to Centaur. They have a reputation for exceptional client service and we needed an administrator that had the systems flexibility to help us achieve our reporting goals. Centaur proactively engages with us to ensure our funds run efficiently and achieve all the necessary regulatory requirements. We are very happy with our partnership that is going from strength to strength and look forward to growing our business together over the coming years.”
- The work by Centaur’s dedicated team resulted in a seamless transition including the review of historical transactions.
- Centaur ensures that HSCM’s funds remain fully compliant with all regulatory developments and reporting requirements, including AML and FATCA.
- Centaur handles both open and closed ended funds for HSCM.
- Centaur’s services go beyond pure fund administration to include fiduciary services and regulatory reporting.
- Centaur integrates accounting and investor data with HSCM’s data onto Centaur’s proprietary platform.
- Centaur provides HSCM with an automated solution for hybrid funds which enables enriched LP reporting.
Hudson structured Capital Management (“HSCM”) is an asset manager focused on alternative investments targeting mezzanine level returns. Their focus in on the Re/Insurance and Transportation sectors. For more information, visit hscm.com.