Senior Internal Audit Analyst - Ireland
Centaur is a specialist alternative investment fund administrator founded in 2009 which provides its services to high profile investment funds. Centaur has a strong pipeline of new business and expects its growth to continue in Ireland and other locations. Centaur’s ethos is focused entirely on the quality of service and accountability it can offer its clients.
Centaur Fund Services Limited (“Centaur”) is seeking energetic and ambitious individuals who are interested in furthering their career in an entrepreneurial environment with an experienced management team. These demanding roles call for professionals who are enthusiastic to be part of a team that will help Centaur continue its progression to becoming a leading service provider.
The Senior Audit Analyst will work within the Centaur Group Internal Audit function performing audit reviews and assessments of the internal control environment. The candidate will be expected to become familiar with the activities, risks, processes, systems and controls within the Centaur group and engage with relevant stakeholders to achieve the audit objectives of the business.
The Senior Audit Analyst will report to the Internal Audit Assistant Manager and Manager.
Key responsibilities will be as follows:
- Assist with creating and maintaining audit related policy and procedure documents
- Contribute to the delivery of audit training and awareness within the business and maintenance of training records
- Deliver audit services to all Centaur entities by performing controls testing and evidence gathering
- Maintain accurate audit review records
- Contribute to the preparation and dissemination of audit reports to senior management teams and boards of directors
- Assist Internal Audit management to collaborate with the Risk function and all other relevant stakeholders across the business to identify risks and to evaluate the effectiveness of internal controls in place to mitigate those risks.
- Escalate audit findings to management and facilitate incident tracking and validation of closure of incidents
- Assist with meeting minutes, record keeping and scheduling of meetings
Required Skills / Qualifications
- University degree (B.A., B.Sc., M.B.A.) in Business preferably specialising in accounting, business, finance or related discipline
- 2-3 years of experience in fund administration operations and/or in an audit /controls related environment within financial services.
- Candidates with a good understanding of fund accounting are preferred (but not essential)
- Good Microsoft Office skills: Proficient in Word/PowerPoint/Excel
- Commitment to maintaining confidentiality of sensitive information
- Desire and ability to deliver quality with strong attention to detail
- Able to take ownership and accept new challenges
- An interest in pursuing professional audit related courses / certifications
- Strong communication & relationship building skills
- Ability to deal professionally and effectively with a variety of stakeholders at all levels
- The ability to both focus on the detail and appreciate the bigger picture/context
- Effective team player
- Ability to work independently but confident to seek guidance and support when needed
- Innovative / commitment for continuous improvement
- Displays integrity and accountability
To apply please send a cover letter and C.V to firstname.lastname@example.org