Assistant Vice President – PERE Accounting - Ireland
Centaur is a specialist alternative investment fund administrator founded in 2009 which provides its services to high profile investment funds. Centaur has a strong pipeline of new business and expects its growth to continue in all locations. Centaur’s ethos is focused entirely on the quality of service and accountability it can offer its clients.
Centaur is seeking energetic and ambitious individuals who are interested in furthering their career in an entrepreneurial environment with an experienced management team. These demanding roles call for professionals who are enthusiastic to be part of a team that will help Centaur continue its progression to becoming a leading service provider.
Reporting to the Head of Private Equity, the Assistant Vice President will be responsible the day to day administration of Private Equity Funds, delivery to clients, and assisting members of the team.
- Review and understand Fund documents to ensure proper application of accounting and reporting obligations
- Review and calculate the Net Asset Value as required by the Fund documents and/or Fund manager
- Review and prepare waterfall calculations and liaise with Investor Services team in relation to capital calls and distributions
- Complete daily internal requirements and sign-off prior to the end of the day
- Review and prepare the annual financial statements, supporting information in relations to the year-end audit
- Meet all internal and external deliverables
- Maintain a good relationship with clients
Required Skills / Qualifications
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications and skills:
- University degree in Accounting or Economics is required.
- An internationally recognized accounting designation (CA, CPA, ACCA or equivalent).
- Strong technical accounting skills and knowledge of current reporting standards.
- Analytical thinking and able to challenge work.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Strong proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office, including Excel, and industry standard accounting software (eFront, InvestTran or equivalent).
- Minimum 5 years’ previous industry experience with a solid understanding of accounting for Private Equity Funds.
- Minimum 2 years’ previous managerial experience
To apply please send a cover letter and C.V to email@example.com