Private Equity Assistant Manager – New Jersey
Centaur is seeking an energetic and ambitious individual who is interested in furthering their career in an entrepreneurial environment with an experienced management team. This demanding role calls for a professional who is enthusiastic to be part of a team that will help Centaur continue its growth as a leading service provider.
Centaur is a specialist alternative investment fund administrator founded in 2009 which provides its services to high profile investment funds. Centaur has a strong pipeline of new business and expects its growth to continue across all locations. Centaur’s ethos is focused entirely on the quality of service and accountability it can offer its clients.
Reporting to the PERE Manager, the Assistant Manager will be responsible for the day to day administration of Private Equity Funds, delivery to clients, and assisting members of the team.
The successful candidate will be required to:
- Review and understand Fund documents and structures to ensure proper application of accounting and reporting obligations
- Process capital activity for the funds in the accounting systems, including commitments, capital calls, distributions, drawdowns, rebalances and transfers
- Processing of trades, cash transactions, income and expenses on a daily basis
- Prepare daily trade, portfolio and cash reconciliations, investigate and resolve any breaks/discrepancies
- Update and maintain accounting records in accordance to IFRS, GAAP and internal controls and policies
- Process payment of expenses
- Calculate preferred return, waterfall, management fee and accruals
- Prepare funds’ net asset value calculations and investor allocations in line with clients requirements and deadlines
- Respond to client-specific requests/inquiries and proactively anticipate client needs
- Preparation of financial statements, notes, supporting information and tax schedules, liaising with auditors and ensure the reporting deadlines are met
- Develop and maintain relationships with the stakeholders of the funds
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications and skills:
- University degree in Accounting or Economics is required.
- An internationally recognized accounting designation (CA, CPA, ACCA or equivalent), is required.
- Strong technical accounting skills and knowledge of current reporting standards.
- Analytical thinking and able to challenge work.
- Strong proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office, including Excel.
- Understanding of industry standard accounting software (eFront,InvestTran or equivalent) is a plus.
- Minimum 5 years’ previous industry experience with a solid understanding of accounting for Private Equity Funds.
- Minimum 2 years’ previous managerial experience.
To apply please send a cover letter and C.V to email@example.com