Partners: Ronan Daly, Des Johnson, Karen Malone and Eric Bertrand at The Skylark, New York
New York, 30th September 2019
Centaur Fund Services is marking a decade of Exceptional Fund Administration this month with a series of celebrations taking place on both sides of the Atlantic. The US celebrations took place in New York on Sept 24, where the firm will also be marking five years of business in the United States.
Centaur has much to celebrate as the firm continues to build a strong base of Hedge Fund, Private Equity and Insurance-Linked Securities (ILS) clients in North America: Last year alone, the firm celebrated a 75% increase in Assets Under Administration and a 50% increase in clients along with significant new senior management appointments in the US and the opening of Centaur Canada. Here are some highlights:
- Over the past three years, Centaur added significant new business, with assets under administration growing by more than 300% to over $35 billion and assets under depositary exceeding $6 billion.
- This year, Centaur’s New Jersey operations moved into new office space to accommodate its planned expansion to over 50 employees over the next 12 months.
- Centaur Private Equity (PE) Service has become a major driver of business growth for the firm and is well positioned to meet the growing demands of PE funds. In the past number of years, Centaur has hired senior PE managers in New Jersey, Bermuda, Ireland and Luxembourg. The company has also invested heavily in PE specific technology which has been developed to support Centaur Private Equity clients.
- Since its inception over two years ago, Centaur’s ILS (Insurance-linked securities) Service has grown from strength to strength. The best team in the sector is now delivering premium independent administration services to our clients.
- Centaur Canada was established in 2018 with a team offering operational support for Centaur’s North American clients.
Throughout the successes of the last decade, Centaur has worked tirelessly to maintain its ‘client first’ culture throughout the firm. This is why the firm is proud that it has never lost a client since its inception in 2009, a success Centaur is confident it will maintain into its second decade.
Des Johnson, CEO of Centaur US says, “It is wonderful to be part of Centaur’s global team as it marks 10 years of exceptional fund administration. Centaur US has had a fantastic journey so far and we have experienced phenomenal growth: We work with funds based in Ireland, Cayman, Bermuda and Luxembourg and in the last three years we have broadened our offerings with the hugely successful launch of Centaur Private Equity and Centaur ILS.”
Centaur opened its doors in 2009 in Dublin with a team of 7. Now, in 2019 the firm has over 140 employees, 9 offices in Europe and North America and over $35bn in assets under administration. Centaur’s success so far has been based on the two simple values that the firm started with 10 years ago: Accountability and Client Service. From the get-go, Centaur has insisted on being contractually accountable for all its services. When it comes to client service, the entire team works hard to generate a client first culture.
Looking towards the next decade, Des says, “Centaur US has had an incredible journey so far and we are really excited about the future: Our products and services are expanding, our client numbers are increasing as we continue to focus on offering the best client service.”
Click here to see the latest updates and news about Centaur’s 10 Year Anniversary.