Centaur takes on the bureaucratic burden of regulation. We understand regulation and our outstanding team ensures that our clients remain fully compliant with all regulatory developments and reporting requirements, including AML, AIFMD and FATCA. Our regulatory services include Corporate Secretarial Services, Anti Money Laundering (“AML”) Services, FATCA, Regulatory reporting and filing.
CUSTOMIZED REGULATORY SERVICES
Centaur offers U.S. FATCA (Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act), U.K. FATCA and OECD Common Reporting Standard (CRS) compliance services to its clients including:
- Registration of funds as Foreign Financial Institutions (“FFI’s”) with the US Internal Revenue Service (“IRS”)
- Establishment and maintenance of FATCA/CRS status for investors
Acting as Responsible Officer (“RO”) and Point of Contact (“POC”), as required, for both the IRS and Local Competent Authority (“LCA”)
- Reporting to the IRS or LCA
Ongoing compliance monitoring and reporting
U.S. Internal Revenue Service (“IRS”) Portal: Centaur completes the online registration on behalf of the fund to obtain the necessary Global Intermediary Identification Number (“GIIN”). This is required for both Model 1 and Model 2 Intergovernmental Agreements (“IGA”) funds. For Model 1 IGA funds (e.g. Cayman, BVI and Irish funds) and for CRS purposes, Centaur also registers the fund with the LCA.
Investor FATCA Classification
Centaur conducts initial and ongoing reviews of investor data and compiles the necessary documentation and information to establish investor FATCA/CRS status.
Responsible officer and point of contact
Centaur acts as a Responsible Officer (“RO”) and Point of Contact (“POC”) for both IRS and LCA enquiries:
- Provision of a RO and POC for IRS enquiries:The IRS requires that a RO and POC are recorded. The RO and/or POC will deal with all IRS enquiries in relation to US FATCA.
- Provision of a POC for LCA:The Cayman, BVI and Irish tax authorities require the name and details of a Principal POC. This person will deal with all LCA enquiries in relation to FATCA/CRS.
Centaur will submit all necessary reports, certifications and filings, within the required timeframes, to the LCA or directly to the IRS, as applicable:
- Model 1 IGA registered funds (e.g. Cayman, BVI and Irish Funds): Centaur reports directly to the LCA for US and UK FATCA
- Model 2 IGA funds (e.g. Bermuda Funds): Centaur reports directly to the IRS and the UK HMRC for US and UK FATCA
For funds in scope for CRS, Centaur will report directly to the LCA.
Ongoing Monitoring and Reporting
Centaur continuously monitors investor accounts for any changes to FATCA/CRS status and reports, on a regular basis, to the board of directors of the fund on FATCA/CRS compliance.
Centaur provides specialized corporate secretarial services that allow our clients to fulfil all of their statutory obligations in a timely and efficient manner. We see the provision of corporate services as being a core part of our offering and have a dedicated team of qualified professionals.
- Organizing and attendance at Board meetings, valuation committee meetings and annual general meetings
- Preparation of meeting minutes and agendas
- Liaison between a Fund’s Investment Manager and the Board of Directors
- Preparing and distributing AGM notices.
- Preparation of corporate resolutions
- Compilation and collation of records, including duplicate minute books
- Maintenance of the Register of Directors and Officers
- Liaising with the Fund’s sponsoring broker, making all necessary secretarial ISE announcements
- Co-ordination of the execution and approval of Fund’s documents
- Co-ordination of the annual registered fee process
- Liaising with the Fund’s registered office
- Assistance with obtaining certificates of good standing.
General Administration and liquidation
- Assistance with the opening of the Fund’s bank accounts
- Assistance with proposal forms and documents for Directors’ and Officers’ liability insurance
- Monitoring the appointment of the Liquidator and liaison for all necessary steps to wind up the Fund
- Ensuring accurate and timely Liquidation Statements are provided to Directors.
Centaur’s AML experts provide a broad range of consultative services designed to assist clients in all aspects of AML and KYC:
- A professional and sensible approach to AML issues
- Proactive follow up with investors on an individual basis
- Sanctions and High Risk profile screening
- Ongoing compliance reporting to the Fund – quarterly board meetings and monthly to the investment manager
- AML and KYC documentation tracking
- Functionality to restrict and block transactions for AML and compliance purposes
- Documents stored in image format
- Workflow management including maker / checker rules for all data entry and transactions
- World Check fully integrated with Mantra (Investor Services system) which allows for continuous screening
- Assistance provided to investors on AML due diligence.
Centaur provides clients a regulatory reporting service including assistance with statutory filings which removes the administrative burden involved in gathering and submitting the data to the financial regulators.
Copyright © 2020 Centaur Fund Services Limited
Centaur FS Limited is registered in the United Kingdom, registration no. 9106859. Registered Office: New Derwent House, 69-73 Theobalds Road, London WC1X 8TA.
Centaur Fund Services Limited is registered in Ireland, registration no. 466593 and is authorised and regulated by The Central Bank of Ireland (C54849) under the Investment Intermediaries Act 1995. Registered Office: 2 Custom House Plaza, Harbourmaster Place, IFSC, Dublin, D01 V9V4, Ireland.
Centaur Financial Limited is registered in Ireland, registration no. 534264. Registered Office: 2 Custom House Plaza, Harbourmaster Place, IFSC, Dublin, D01 V9V4, Ireland.
Centaur Fund Services (Bermuda) Limited is registered in Bermuda, registration no. 50967 and is licensed by the Bermuda Monetary Authority under the Investment Funds Act 2006. Registered Office: Ideation House, 94 Pitts Bay Road, 1st Floor, Pembroke HM 08, Bermuda.
Centaur Fund Services (Cayman) Limited is registered in the Cayman Islands, registration no. 312745 and is licensed by the Cayman Islands Monetary Authority under The Companies Management Law (2003 Revision). Registered Office: 1st Floor, Landmark Square, 64 Earth Close, P.O. Box 715, Grand Cayman KY1-1107, Cayman Islands.
Centaur Fund Services US, Inc. is registered in Delaware, in the United States of America, registration no 5675147. Registered Office: 251 Little Falls Drive, Wilmington, Delaware, 19808, United States of America.
Centaur Fund Services (Canada) Limited is registered in Canada, registration no. 1071619-7. Registered Office: 145 King Street West, Suite 2200, Toronto ON, M5H 4G2, Canada.
Centaur Fund Services (Luxembourg) S.A. is registered in the Grand-Duchy of Luxembourg, registration no. B.147823 and is licensed by the Commission de Surveillance du Secteur Financier as a Professional of the Financial Sector. Registered Office: 13, Avenue de la Porte-Neuve, L-2227, Luxembourg.