Centaur provides high quality and customised audit and tax assistance services to our fund clients.
Centaur manages the audit process for clients. Using the data generated in our day to day role as administrator we can facilitate the smooth running of all audits.
We schedule and manage the timing of the audit and are the main point of contact for all audit queries. Prior to year-end, we liaise with the relevant audit firms to ensure all necessary pronouncements are included in the financial statement templates.
To ensure that all of our client requirements are met, we provide a substantial list of services including:
- Maintaining the audit timetable, and ensuring all tasks and responsibilities are clear
- Deadlines for each task are confirmed prior to year-end with the relevant audit firm
- Audit planning and monitoring with the audit firm, the investment manager and the fund
- Preparation of draft financial statements and notes in accordance with the relevant accounting / auditing frameworks e.g. US GAAP and IFRS
- Preparation of quarterly and semi-annual unaudited accounts as required
- Preparation and analysis of monthly trial balances to ensure an efficient preparation for the audit process
- Preparation of the schedule of investments
- Preparation of financial highlights and expense ratios
- Tracking of Level 1, 2 and 3 assets as part of the ongoing valuation process
- Preparation of all supporting schedules
- Assistance with all audit testing and query resolution
- Obtain board approval for the financial statements and ensure appropriate regulatory filings are made within specified deadlines
- Responsible for the distribution of financial statements, once the Board has approved for distribution
- Our in-house financial statements specialist supports the client service team during every step of the process.
The data we produce enables us to provide assistance to the tax auditors in the preparation of tax returns including US tax (PFIC andK-1s), UK tax (Fund Reporting Status),German and Austrian tax.
Our tax assistance services include:
- Provision of detailed supporting tax data as requested and agreed with tax auditors for US, UK and German tax
- Preparation of granular profit and loss allocation at investor level
Provision of dividends, long/short term gains/losses and wash sales analysis
- PFIC analyser
- Coordinating receipt of tax estimates and K-1s from underlying investments
- Distribution of PFIC and K-1s to investors.
BACKED BY ROBUST TECHNOLOGY
Centaur’s technology allows us to extract data and create customized reporting to facilitate the work for all auditors including tax auditors.