Assistant Vice President - AML Officer Services - Ireland
Centaur is seeking an energetic and ambitious individual who is interested in furthering their career in an entrepreneurial environment with an experienced management team. This role calls for an enthusiastic professional who wants to be part of a team that will help Centaur continue its progression to becoming a leading service provider.
Centaur is a specialist alternative investment fund administrator founded in 2009 which provides its’ services to high profile investment funds (Hedge, Private Equity, ILS). Centaur has a strong pipeline of new business and expects its growth to continue in all locations. Centaur’s ethos is focused entirely on the quality of service and accountability it can offer its clients.
The AML Officer Services team are seeking to expand their growing team by adding an experienced individual who has previously worked as an MLRO or who has relevant experience working in an AML team of a Fund’s company and would like to further their career by taking on an MLRO role. This is a great opportunity to join a growing team to increase AML & fund knowledge by being appointed directly to a fund (predominantly alternative funds), working closely with the service providers to the fund to ensure the fund is meeting its AML obligations and attend board meetings to present the MLRO report and respond to queries. The successful individual should have a good understanding of AML in a number of jurisdictions, but in particular, Ireland and the Cayman Islands, have excellent ability to work with a number of departments and exceptional presenting capabilities.
This will include (but is not limited to) the following:
- Provide administrative support to the AML Officer Services Team (in their capacity as Anti Money Laundering Compliance Officer (AMLCO) and Money Laundering Reporting Officer (MLRO) for Centaur’s clients) to ensure they comply with anti-money laundering/counter-terrorist financing (“AML/CTF”) obligations.
- Support the AML Officer Services Manager in ensuring policies and procedures are maintained
- Assist the Officer Services Manager to ensure all required compliance monitoring completed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Assist with the compilation and delivery of quarterly and annual reports to client fund board
- Assist with performing due diligence on service providers
- Maintain client registers and records to ensure they are accurate
- Assisting the Officer Services Manager to design and deliver training to Client
- Perform administrative tasks related to the ongoing delivery of AML services to Centaur’s clients.
- Assist in the preparation and submission of any regulatory filings and/or reports on behalf Centaur’s clients to external competent authorities.
Required Skills / Qualifications
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications and skills:
- University degree preferably specialising in law, business or regulation
- Professional qualification (such as ACOI, AML qualification) desirable but not required
- At least 4 years relevant experience, preferably with AML and in the Funds sector
- Good understating of one or more AML/CFT regimes (Cayman, Ireland & Bermuda ideally)
- Effective communication skills at all levels
- Ability to work independently and efficiently
Centaur offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience, a comprehensive benefits package and a professional working environment.
To apply please send a cover letter and C.V to email@example.com