Assistant Vice President - Investor Services - Canada
Centaur is a specialist alternative investment fund administrator founded in 2009 which provides its services to high profile investment funds. Centaur has a strong pipeline of new business and expects its growth to continue in all locations. Centaur’s ethos is focused entirely on the quality of service and accountability it can offer its clients.
Centaur is seeking energetic and ambitious individuals who are interested in furthering their career in an entrepreneurial environment with an experienced management team. These demanding roles call for professionals who are enthusiastic to be part of a team that will help Centaur continue its progression to becoming a leading service provider.
The role consists of managing a small number of client relationships, ensuring superior client service and the delivery of accurate information in a timely fashion. The successful candidate will have responsibility for their clients’ portfolios from start to finish.
This will include (but is not limited to) the following:
- Build a relationship with the stakeholders of the funds
- Understanding of fund structures, investment strategies, performance fee calculations, AML & compliance regulations.
- Processing of subscriptions & redemptions and any other adhoc investor activity
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Deliver a high level of service and immediate response time to all client and investor queries
- Manage client-specific requests and define projects to develop processes to improve the product offering
- Work with external auditors in preparation of year end financial statements for the Funds
- Work closely with the Compliance Officer to ensure all AML procedures are followed in accordance with Centaur’s Anti-Money Laundering procedures manual
- Review and approve Investor Services work
- Review and approve payments
- Work with the IS Manager to help run the department
Required Skills / Qualifications
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications and skills:
- A university degree (B.A./ B.Sc./ M.B.A.) in Business (preferably specialising in accountancy or another financial-related discipline).
- A minimum of 5 years in an Investor Services role in a Hedge Fund Administrator Experience of HWM Mantra would be an advantage
- The successful candidates will be self-motivated and will show an ability to work in a demanding and progressive environment meeting deadlines as necessary.
Centaur offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience, a comprehensive benefits package and a professional working environment.
To apply please send a cover letter and C.V to email@example.com