Senior Trade Finance Accountant - Ireland
Centaur is a specialist alternative investment fund administrator founded in 2009 which provides its services to high profile investment funds. Centaur has a strong pipeline of new business and expects its growth to continue in Ireland and other locations. Centaur’s ethos is focused entirely on the quality of service and accountability it can offer its clients.
Centaur is seeking energetic and ambitious individuals who are interested in furthering their career in an entrepreneurial environment with an experienced management team. These demanding roles call for professionals who are enthusiastic to be part of a team that will help Centaur continue its progression to becoming a leading service provider.
The role consists of managing a small number of client relationships, ensuring superior client service and the delivery of accurate information in a timely fashion. The successful candidate will have responsibility for their clients’ portfolios from start to finish. This will include (but is not limited to) the following:
- Processing of trades, cash, income and expenses on a daily basis.
- Daily Cash & Position reconciliations.
- Calculation of Net Asset Values in line with clients’ requirements.
- Preparation of financial statements, supporting information and tax schedules in relation with the year-end audit.
- Preparation and processing of expense payments.
- Client Relationship: Point-of-contact for multiple clients (internal and external) at a daily operational level
- Liaising with investment managers, brokers & custodians daily where issues arise with regards the day-to-day running of the fund
- Demonstrate product and functional knowledge of the loan instruments, with 2-4 years’ experience in fund industry
- Review of loan documentation from an operational perspective and ensure proper understanding of new loan facilities
- Set up loan deals for new transactions based on the loan documentation
- Understanding of cash flows, their financial impact and process accounting entries
- Monitor all loan drawdowns, rollovers and repayments, commitment fees and interest calculations
- Daily reconciliations and investigations and close collaboration with client’s loan operations team
Required Skills / Qualifications
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications and skills:
- A university degree (B.A./ B.Sc./ M.B.A.) in Business (preferably specialising in accountancy or another financial-related discipline).
- 3 years’ experience in Fund Accounting
- Invest One experience an advantage
- Ability to interpret loan related documentation
- Financial Reporting experience an advantage
- The successful candidates will be self-motivated and will show an ability to work in a demanding and progressive environment meeting deadlines as necessary.
To apply please send a cover letter and C.V to firstname.lastname@example.org