Senior IT Support Engineer - Dublin
Centaur is a specialist alternative investment fund administrator founded in 2009 which provides its services to high profile investment funds. Centaur has a strong pipeline of new business and expects its growth to continue in Ireland and other locations. Centaur’s ethos is focused entirely on the quality of service and accountability it can offer its clients.
Centaur is seeking energetic and ambitious individuals who are interested in furthering their career in an entrepreneurial environment with an experienced management team. These demanding roles call for professionals who are enthusiastic to be part of a team that will help Centaur continue its progression to becoming a leading service provider.
The role will be part of a newly formed internal IT support team, to provide all employees with fast and personal day-to-day IT support. The tasks expected to be performed will be primarily Level 1 support tasks, with full training to be provided for the technologies in use at Centaur Fund Services.
Job Duties include:
- Responding to queries via instant messaging, email or phone
- Providing technical assistance for incidents and service requests
- Resolving problems with networking and other connectivity issues
- Diagnosing systems errors and resolving them
- Following up with employees to ensure full resolution of issues
- Managing and streamlining the starters and leavers procedures
- Managing the relationship with external vendors and the Managed Service Provider
- Coordinating, assisting and training other members of the IT Support team
Required Skills / Qualifications
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications and skills:
- Third level degree in any subject OR third level diploma in an IT field
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience working in an IT support role in a Microsoft Windows (server and desktop) environment
- To be a logical thinker with a technology perspective
- Strong computer skills and the ability to troubleshoot and diagnose problems
- Good communication and customer service skills
- Writing and Editing skills to aid in writing and updating manuals
- Experience in supporting a Public Cloud environment would be beneficial
Centaur offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience, a comprehensive benefits package and a professional working environment.
For more information or to apply for this role, please send a copy of your Curriculum Vitae to: firstname.lastname@example.org