PERE Fund Accounting Manager - Luxembourg
Centaur is a specialist alternative investment fund administrator founded in 2009 which provides its services to high profile investment funds. Centaur has a strong pipeline of new business and expects its growth to continue in Ireland and other locations. Centaur’s ethos is focused entirely on the quality of service and accountability it can offer its clients.
Centaur is seeking energetic and ambitious individuals who are interested in furthering their career in an entrepreneurial environment with an experienced management team. These demanding roles call for professionals who are enthusiastic to be part of a team that will help Centaur continue its progression to becoming a leading service provider.
The role consists of being responsible for the day to day administration of PERE structures, maintaining the accounting records of the funds/companies, assisting other members of the team, ensuring timely deliverables and superior client service. This will include (but not be exclusive to) the following:
- Develop and maintain relationships with the stakeholders of the funds/companies and proactively anticipate client needs
- Review and understand PERE structure documents, to ensure proper application of accounting and reporting obligations
- Process capital transactions for the funds/companies in the accounting systems, including commitments, capital calls, distributions, drawdowns, rebalances and transfers
- Ensure completion of daily internal requirements and sign-off
- Process payment of expenses and intercompany transfers
- Calculate preferred return, waterfall, management fee and accruals
- Prepare funds’ net asset value calculations, preferred return, waterfall calculations and investor allocations in line with clients’ requirements and deadlines
- Preparation of financial statements, notes, supporting information and tax schedules, liaising with auditors and ensure the reporting deadlines are met
- Meet all internal and external deliverables
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications and skills:
- A university degree in Accounting/Business/Finance/Economics, together with 10 years or more relevant experience in a Private Equity role and a minimum of 4 years managerial experience
- Knowledge on PE/RE structures, holding companies, SPVs, agreements and investment strategies
- Knowledge of accepted accounting standards, including Lux GAAP, IFRS, US GAAP
- FIS Investran technical expertise and at least 3 years of proven operational experience
- Strong proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office, including Microsoft Excel
- Strong attention to detail and exceptional analytical, organizational and time management skills
- Self-motivated and able to work as part of a team in a demanding and progressive environment, meeting deadlines as necessary
- Good English level and writing skills; other languages, particularly French would be an advantage.
To apply please send a cover letter and C.V to email@example.com