Centaur is seeking an energetic and ambitious individual who is interested in furthering their career in an entrepreneurial environment with an experienced management team. This role calls for an enthusiastic professional who wants to be part of a team that will help Centaur continue its progression to becoming a leading service provider.
Centaur is a specialist alternative investment fund administrator founded in 2009 which provides its’ services to high profile investment funds. Centaur has a strong pipeline of new business and expects its growth to continue in Ireland and other locations. Centaur’s ethos is focused entirely on the quality of service and accountability it can offer its clients.
- Manage the process of preparing and reviewing annual financial statements in accordance with the relevant Fund accounting framework.
- Review and ensure accuracy of disclosures via review of legal documents governing the fund and disclosures required under specified accounting standards.
- Coordinate the year-end financial statements preparation process and ensure that all queries relating to the financial statements are resolved on a timely basis.
- Ensure audit and financial reporting related issues are identified and investigated on a timely basis; and provide guidance for solutions.
- Review the work of others and ensure all work is scheduled to meet agreed timelines.
- Maintain positive relationships with key stakeholders.
Pre-requisite knowledge, skills and experience
- Sound knowledge of the investment funds industry
- Perfect understanding of the entire audit process and methodology as executed by the major audit firms.
- Strong management skills.
- Strong IT skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Attention to detail and well organized.
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Ability to be flexible and work effectively both within a team structure and independently.
- Reliable and dependable.
- Motivate and guide other team members.
- Take ownership of designated tasks.
Education, Qualification and Experience
- Three to five years exposure to asset management accounting in either an Audit Firm or Hedge Fund Administrator where the accountant has gained an understanding of financial products.
- Detailed knowledge of US GAAP and IFRS with an understanding of other GAAPs e.g. UK GAAP.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Economics.
- Preferably a Qualified Accountant (ACA / ACCA / CPA or equivalent) with 2 years’ post qualification experience in Asset Management / Financial Services sector.
- Ability to research issues and present findings in a professional manner.
- Strong technical skills and attention to detail along with good knowledge of relevant accounting standards and regulatory requirements pertaining to the funds